Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
You are unique. One of a kind. You have your own style, your own preferences, your own needs. Your hot tub cover needs to reflect your lifestyle: it needs to be functional and practical, while looking attractive. When it comes time for you to look at custom hot tub covers, we offer the perfect selection.
There are several features you should consider when purchasing hot tub covers:
- Foam Density. This refers to the foam’s strength. The higher the number, the stronger the foam, the better the energy efficiency and insulation, and the longer it will last. The foam density is key to determining how much load the cover can bear.
- Taper Thickness. This means the cover is taller in the middle than it is on the edges, allowing water to run off. Consider the weather in your climate when looking at covers. If you tend to have heavy snow, for example, consider a bigger taper.
- Combined with foam density, the thickness of the taper will determine the strength, durability and efficiency of the hot tub cover. Think about the location of your spa and who is around it. Is it indoors? A thinner cover may do the job. Live in a harsh climate? You’ll want a thicker cover that can withstand the elements. Have active kids who may try to get on top of the covered spa? You’ll definitely want to have a cover that can withstand their weight.
- R-Value. This is a measure of the insulation’s resistance to heat flow. The higher the number, the more effective the insulation is; that is, the better the spa cover will keep the heat in and the cold out.
- Cover skirt length. The cover skirt is the flap that hangs from the bottom of your cover.
- Security. Even after you’ve ensured you have a strong-enough cover to withstand whatever life brings you, you’ll want to make sure your cover can be easily secured to keep kids and pets safe.
When you contact us to order your spa cover, we will walk you through each step and give you all the information you need to make an educated decision. With our variety of sizes, colors and durability, we can match your lifestyle to one of our custom covers.
While there is only one you, there are many options for covers. Look to us to help you create the perfect one.