Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
Spa cover lifters can be one of the factors that makes your hot tub experience complete. If you struggle to remove and replace your hot tub cover, then hot tub cover lifters are the perfect thing for you! Here are some of the functions of a hot tub cover lifter and why they are worth your investment:
- Cover lifters are simple to install.
- Cover lifters make it easy to lift and replace a cover with one hand, and without getting in the hot tub.
- Cover lifters hold the hot tub cover in place, reducing the chance of mishandling and damaging the cover.
- There are a huge variety of cover lifters to suit anyone’s hot tub needs, both aesthetics and space.
- Cover lifts can last many years, even after hot tub covers have been replaced time after time.
With so many different options and varieties of hot tub cover lifters, how do you know which cover lifter to choose? Each cover lifter has different specifications and each one will require different clearance behind the spa. Here are two of the options we carry at hottubthings.com:
The Cover Valet: The Cover Valet is one of the most popular and easy to use cover lifters out there. It fits almost anywhere, from inside gazebos to recessed decks. It has dual gas shocks for an effortless lift and close. There is even a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty! Here are some of the specs:
- Requires 6″ of clearance behind the hot tub.
- If you mount it on top, then no clearance on the sides is needed.
- If you mount the cover valet on the sides, then 3″ of clearance is needed on both sides.
- Covers with an extra large radius measuring 13″ or more require the Maxxus bracket, which is an attachment that lets the cover valet fit these extra large spas.
The Cover Caddy: The Cover Caddy is one of the most versatile spa cover lifters in the industry. It has gas shocks that make removal and replacement very easy. It is compatible with many different spa shapes and sizes, including round spas, octagonal spas, and spas with a large radius or cut corners. It also comes pre-assembled for quick and easy installation. Here is the clearance requirement:
- Rear Clearance: Equal to the spa height, or at least 27″
- No need for side clearance
- Maximum Cover width: 120″
For More information on hot tub cover lifters and help on finding the right one for you, Contact Us at hottubthings.com or at 1.888.251.6661