Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
Our clocks have sprung forward. The sound of chirping birds fills the air. The daffodils and tulips are pushing their way toward the sunshine. This can mean only one thing: It’s time to prepare your hot tub for spring!
Although you may feel like leaping right in, properly preparing your hot tub now can save you from many headaches later on. As long as your hot tub was properly winterized and you have the proper hot tub supplies, these few steps will be a piece of cake!
- Remove and clean the cover. Inspect the cover as you remove it, checking it for rips, stains, holes or other damage. Use a vinyl cleanser to clean the outside of the cover. Let it air out to dry thoroughly.
- If you notice damage, now is the perfect time to replace your hot tub cover. Contact us for a variety of sizes, shapes and colors – with free shipping. You can also customize your durability options. Have kids who lean on the cover? Have an indoor spa? We can provide hot tub covers that are specific to your needs.
- Change or clean the filters. Check your user manual for specifics, but filters should generally be changed at least once a year.
- Inspect the hot tub. Thoroughly check the hot tub for any signs of wear or cracking. Check that all valves, plugs and connections are secure.
- Clean the inside of the hot tub. Use cleaners recommended by your dealer. Make sure you rinse the hot tub thoroughly after cleaning. You don’t want any residual cleaning chemicals in your spa water. Us a spa wax/polish and sealer to protect the shell.
- Start filling the hot tub. Fill with fresh water. As the tub fills, keep an eye out for any leaks. Once you’re sure that everything is working properly, you can turn the heater on.
- Add chemicals. Balance the pH, then add sanitizer. There are other chemicals you can add if desired, such as anti-foam and no-scale.
Now that your hot tub is ready to go, there’s just one thing left to do: Enjoy.