Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
Summer is in full swing and there is no better way to enjoy the wonderful weather than to throw a backyard party around your hot tub. Owning a hot tub already gives you a great activity for a summer party. Let the hot tub be the centerpiece to your backyard party and bring everything else to the vicinity of the hot tub. So you might be wondering what types of accessories you could get to add to the fun of the hot tub. Hot Tub Things has a variety of options, but here are our favorites:
1. Light Show: the light show is a great addition to the hot tub if you don’t already have color changing LED lights built into the hot tub. This light show is relatively reasonable at about $20. Even though the lights are simple, they generally are a fun talking point and people tend to love changing and playing with the lights.
2. Kooltray Game Tray: This fun floating game tray allows you to play games on one side of the tray, which includes checkers pieces.If you flip the tray over it becomes a floating drink tray for guests to put their drinks in.
3. Waterproof Playing Cards: Having waterproof playing cards to use in the hot tub in addition to the Kooltray might be a fun way to keep guests entertained in the hot tub besides just enjoying conversation.
4. Spa Handrail: having a handrail may help people get in and out of the hot tub safer and more easily. The height of the handrail is adjustable so you can make it work for any size spa!
5. Spa Caddy: The spa caddy is great for entertaining because it allows you to have sturdy drink tray next to the hot tub. It is easy to mount, but if you have a hot tub cover it may not be as compatible as you might hope.
Essential Guidelines for Hot Tub Party Fun
Just having hot tub accessories is not enough to making a hot tub party perfect. You need to enhance the ambiance and make sure all measures are taken to make your guests feel at ease. Here are our best suggestions to making your backyard party fun:
1. Make fun cocktails and finger food for the guests. Having drinks and food that wont make a mess in the hot tub might be good, because you probably won’t be able to stop people from bringing goodies with them into the tub. Make sure you also have enough water, as it is easy to get dehydrated when using the hot tub.
2. Try to avoid using any glass cups or bottles around the party. It is a danger if glass breaks, and it will be one less thing to worry about if you use tumblers instead.
3. Have a basket of towels for guests to use right outside the hot tub. This will make it easier for everyone to dry off and then go change.
4. Make sure the hot tub is cleaned before the party. Lowering the temperature to around 100 degrees will also make it more comfortable for your guests to get in and out of the tub.
5. Throw a hot tub party around the same time you have to drain your hot tub. If you throw the party before you drain your hot tub, you won’t have to worry about the water chemistry getting ruined or the water becoming unsanitary since you will have to clean it soon anyway.
6. Have the BBQ going, add some outdoor seating and tables for people to relax, and make sure there is enough seats for everyone to sit and eat and visit with one another.
7. Make sure you include floaties, duckies, and kid friendly games if your friends have kids they want to bring.
If you have any more questions about how to throw an awesome hot tub party, contact us and we would be happy to suggest what hot tub items might enhance the experience! Hot Tub Things has all your hot tub needs.