Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
4th of July festivities are beginning, and this weekend will be full of barbecues, friends, and hot tubbing! Whether you are throwing a party or just relaxing with friends and family, it is always good to prepare the hot tub for lots of use around the holidays. The hot tub provides a relaxing place for people to visit with one another and have fun! No matter what you need, Hot Tub Things is your one stop shop for all your hot tub needs.
If you are throwing a party here are some of our tips for making sure your hot tub is primed and ready for action:
- Make sure the water is Clean and Clear: This means you need to balance the pH, sanitize, and shock the water. If your water is more than 4-5 months old, you definitely should drain and refill your hot tub to make sure you have the cleanest hot tub to relax in.
- Add Party Friendly Accessories: adding something like a drink tray, handrail, duckies or squirties, and waterproof game sets could be an added element of fun for your guests. Drink trays are great for anytime, but it is especially handy when you are having a party. It will allow you to have drinks in the hot tub without having to worry about holding them for an extended period of time.
- Spa Umbrella: If you are throwing a daytime party, then a spa umbrella can be nice to keep the sun off your face in the hot tub. It adds a nice ambiance to the party and allows people to keep their faces cool while heating up their bodies.
- Have towels for your guests right outside the hot tub and be prepared with tons of food and drinks, especially water.
If you are just relaxing with family, friends, or a special someone, here is another approach to prepping the hot tub:
- Still make sure the water is Clean and Clear: Balance, sanitize and shock the water. You will feel more relaxed and carefree if you can use your hot tub knowing it is sanitized.
- Aromatherapy: Adding aromatherapy to the hot tub can set the mood to whatever you want it to be. A scent like grapefruit will be energizing and help lift your mood. A scent like lavender will help you relax and de-stress.
- Candles or Floating Lights: adding floating lights like our floating ducks, or candles around the hot tub can help set the mood at night if you are enjoying a romantic evening.
- Add a Drink Tray: Pour some wine or a drink and just sit back, relax, and watch the fireworks launch off.
However you decide to celebrate this 4th of July, make sure you include your hot tub in the festivities. Hot tubs will enhance your holiday whether you want to party or just relax. Contact Hot Tub Things with any questions you may have about chemicals, maintenance, parts, and more! We are your premier source for everything hot tub.