Welcome to the Hot Tub Things Blog. Discover all the latest products and get tips on how to keep your hot tub in tip top condition with The Hot Tub Things blog!
Hot tub chemicals are an important part of keeping your hot tub sanitary and ready for use. However, if you’re new to the world of hot tubs, they can also be confusing. After all, there are sanitizers, cleansers, clarifiers, test strips and balancers that all need to be properly used!
Whether you’re the proud, new owner of a hot tub or just need a refresher course on how to best care for yours, this post is for you.
1) Check the PH balance: Test strips assess the chemical levels in your hot tub and, the instant results, help determine how often you need to add chemicals or completely change the water (experts suggest a complete change of water every 3-4 months). Make sure you match your test strips to the type of sanitation chemicals you use to ensure accurate results!
2) Sanitizing: The next step to spa maintenance is sanitizing. Sanitizing kills bacteria and is crucial for maintaining the cleanliness of your spa. You can do this two ways; through the use of chlorine (in the form of granules that dissolve) or by adding bromine tablets to the water. Sanitizing on a regular basis is the most important part of maintaining your hot tub’s cleanliness and chemical balance.
3) Shock! It should come as no shock that lotions, oils, perfumes and other substances can linger in your hot tub water. Shock treatments for your spa (best if used on a weekly basis) clean the water and prevent cloudy water and a clogged filter.
4) Clarifiers/Balancers: These steps are important for cleaning your water and ensuring your chemicals remain at the correct, balanced levels. Assess the PH balance, alkalinity and calcium levels in your spa to make sure you select the right products for your location, water type and make and model of hot tub.
5) Cleaners: Don’t forget to care for the outside of your hot tub! Make sure you regularly check and clean the filter as well as wiping down the steps, cover and outside of the spa – regular care will keep in great condition for a long time to come.
Contact us to see our complete line of spa maintenance products or to place your order. We look forward to assisting you!